PolyOne Helps Brand Owners Combat Counterfeit Goods with New Percept Authentication Technologies
PolyOne Corp. officials announced the launch of Percept Authentication Technologies, a full-spectrum portfolio of brand protection solutions. This new suite of technologies draws from covert, overt, and forensic techniques, enabling manufacturers to efficiently protect their products from counterfeiting or unauthorized distribution. Percept technologies include formulation and consultative services to assist manufacturers and brand owners in minimizing the potential risks and loss of revenue from counterfeits.
John Van Hulle, president of Global Color, Additives and Inks at PolyOne, explains, “Percept technologies are the latest example of our commitment to our solutions-based approach focused on helping customers enhance their brand and grow their business. This highly customizable set of technologies was developed to help our customers protect market share and reduce risk.”
PolyOne provides confidential, expert assistance with technology choice, design, usage, process, product, and specification development. These services help to shorten product development times and maintain quality levels for products that require positive identification. As an added benefit, manufacturers also receive an extra layer of security that helps maintain supply chain integrity.
Percept Authentication Technologies provide value by:
- Increasing revenue – protection against lost sales and market share due to counterfeit or gray-goods products
- Reducing costs – reduction in warranty, product support and liability costs associated with fake products
- Protecting brand equity – defense against customer complaints or legal actions based on erroneous product identification
- Protecting consumer welfare – decrease in potential harm to consumers, reduction in unwarranted recall expenses
- Securing supply chain integrity – support for safe expansion into new geographies
The Percept spectrum of technologies can be tailored to a wide variety of polymers, processing conditions and applications in numerous markets. Examples of products that can benefit from authentication include:
- Medical devices
- Prescription drug packaging
- Consumer electronics
- Packaging (for multiple markets)
- Apparel and footwear
- Aircraft parts
- After-market automotive parts
- Consumer goods
This portfolio is commercially available in North America, Europe, and can be made available as part of a global program for manufacturing in Asia.
Source: Polyone press release