A new research report offers essential information and analysis on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Brazil.
The Brazil Medical Device Market report identifies the key trends in the healthcare market and provides insights into the demographic, regulatory, reimbursement landscape, and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis.
In 2012, Brazil’s population was estimated at 198.4 million. The population is increasing steadily, mainly due to a positive balance between the birth rate and the mortality rate. It currently has a demographic advantage in terms of a large working age population that increased from 2007 to 2012. The elderly population (65 years and above) is expected to increase in the future to account for more than 9% of the population by 2020. Brazil’s pharmaceutical market was estimated to be worth $24.1 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach approximately $55.7 billion by 2020 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.1%. The medical device market was worth approximately $7.9 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach approximately $13.1 billion by 2020 at a projected CAGR of 6.6%.
These positive trends can primarily be attributed to:
- An increasing elderly population
- Healthcare coverage for 60% to 80% of the Brazilian population
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Brazil, and includes:
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market (Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, Novartis and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. and AstraZeneca) and the medical device market (Siemens Healthcare, GE Healthcare, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Essilor International, and Philips Healthcare)
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, of which analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies, and approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure, and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges facing growth in the Brazilian healthcare market