Facility to serve as main center of excellence for company.
Elmira, New York – Hardinge Inc., an international provider of advanced metal-cutting solutions, announced Tuesday that it has opened a technical center in Eglin, Ill.
The new Hardinge Grinding Group Technical Center of Excellence will serve as the main center of excellence with capabilities for the complete grinding products lines:
- Demonstration area
- Application engineering support, process qualification, and machine runoff services
- Development of turnkey systems
- Development and assembly of Usach universal and production ID and OD cylindrical precision grinding machines
- Re-controlling of CNC cylindrical grinding machines
- Sales, service, and repair part support
“The Chicago area location can be easily accessed by many of our customers and potential customers in the Midwest,” said Rick Simons, chairman, president and CEO. “All of the Hardinge Grinding Group brands are now together at one location: Kellenberger, Jones & Shipman, Hauser, Tschudin, and USACH.”
The company’s grinding location currently in Elmira, N.Y., will continue to operate as the northeast Regional Grinding Technical Center.