Rochester, NY – Fabrico Medical is now offering fabrication and assembly services for microfluidic devices. Typically used for measuring blood gases, bacteria, coagulation, drug screening, and hematocrit/hemoglobin, these portable medical tools are at the forefront of point-of-care and in-the-field testing that allows patients with chronic medical conditions to monitor themselves at home. These innovative devices also grant doctors the ability to test patients and receive immediate results, eliminating the need to use an outside lab, which often takes multiple days, therefore speeding up the diagnosis process.
Fabrico Medical can design and manufacture lids, covers, and adhesive interfaces for microtiter plates with 96, 384, 1536 wells and custom designed diagnostic disposables. In addition, Fabrico Medical can manufacture the following microfluidic consumables and components:
- Specific layers for biosensors
- Integrated consumables for lab-on-chip application
- Hydrophilic fluid transport technologies
- Custom microfluidic channels and structures
Fabrico Medical’s state-of-the-art digital laser technology enables microfluidic devices to be produced precisely and accurately to meet stringent medical specifications, such as:
- Laser cut feature tolerances as small as 100μm or (0.004”)
- Fixed beam etchings focused down to 70μm
- Position features tolerances as low as 50μm (or 0.002”)
- Microfluidic channels as narrow as 125μm (or 0.005”), positioned within a tolerance of 50μm (or 0.002”)
Fabrico Medical offers a repeatable, high-volume, high-speed process that meets specified performance characteristics and is cost-effective. The fabrication and assembly of microfluidic devices can be done in a quality-controlled, clean room environment, where they can be produced, assembled, and packaged without contamination. Fabrico Medical has multiple Class 10,000 (ISO 7) clean rooms, which ensure the proper, high-level quality required for medical appliances.