Indianapolis, Indiana – Joe Braun, general manager of Hurco North America, announced that Hurco will launch the first ever Chipmaker Challenge contest July 1, 2014. The Chipmaker Challenge gives new shops the chance to pitch their business plan, win a brand new machine, and control their future with their choice of a Hurco VMX42i mill or TM8i lathe.
Qualified participants will answer a series of questions and provide an essay and/or video during the application period (July 1-Aug. 8, 2014). The top five finalists will appear in front of a panel of judges at the Hurco IMTS booth Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.
“The idea of the Chipmaker Challenge evolved as we discussed ways to add some excitement to IMTS and get publicity for the entrepreneurs in our industry who do remarkable things each and every day,” said Braun. “Our customers are competitive, proud of the businesses they’ve built, and the products they make. We decided to model the Chipmaker Challenge after the TV show Shark Tank in order to create an exciting, competitive, entertaining event that showcases manufacturing entrepreneurs and highlights the hi-tech aspect of manufacturing in this country. We know there is an effort to rebrand manufacturing so young people and their parents better understand 21st century manufacturing and we hope the Chipmaker Challenge might bring more attention to the industry,” continued Braun.
- What: The Hurco Chipmaker Challenge is a contest sponsored by Hurco that will showcase the immense value of manufacturing entrepreneurs.
- When: Applications will be accepted July 1, 2014 – Aug. 8, 2014.
- Five finalists will be selected to pitch their business plan in front of a panel of judges at the Hurco IMTS booth Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.
- Who: Entrepreneurs in the manufacturing industry who have been in business five years or less.
- Prize: A brand new Hurco VMX42i mill or TM8i lathe (winner’s choice).
Complete terms, conditions, and eligibility requirements will be available July 1, 2014.
Source: Hurco Companies Inc.