Chicago – Make plans to attend the IMTS 2014 Conferences to learn about Automation for Lower Volume Parts.
DATE: Tuesday, September 9 from 10:00 AM - 10:55 AM ROOM: W-195
SPEAKER: John Lucier, Automation Manager, Methods Machine Tools Inc.
When you require the production of a million parts, the automation industry has already proven successful for performance. But what about for those who’s requirements are on a much smaller scale such as only one thousand parts, one hundred parts, or even varying lot sizes for one part? Or, what if you’re a contract manufacturer or a Job Shop and are unaware of what needs you’ll have on a day-to-day basis? Are there machine tool automation solutions that can handle such flexibility? There most certainly is.
Low Volume/High mix automation is the up and coming trend in automation. This presentation will discuss the automation configurations and strategies required for running an array of lower volume type jobs on machine tools with automation cells.
Attendee’s to this presentation can expect to learn:
- What makes a low volume job, or a series of low volume jobs an excellent candidate for automated processing?
- What are the preferred automation configurations to handle lower volume jobs?
- Strategies to make your automation solution flexible enough to work effectively within a “Job Shop” type of environment
- Identifying families of parts and requirements.
- In addition, the attendees will see real world examples including pictures and videos of automation cells that are processing low volume high mix parts.
The educational and informative conferences run Sept. 8-11, 2014 in the West Building, Level 1. To register for this or any session, visit www.imts.com/education/imtsconference.html.