Last year, when the FDA clarified its guidance on process validation for drugmakers, medical device companies were left in the dark. The CDRH did not sign on to a new guidance, leaving in place only the old and confusing guidance that dates back years.
However, time has not stood still on the manufacturing floor: New and more complex manufacturing processes emerge every year, greater outsourcing leaves devicemakers relying more on third-party manufacturers, and international standards continue evloving. Devicemakers need to be sure their process validation systems have kept pace with reality.
Available from FDAnews is the Devicemaker’s Guide to Process Validation, a timely document takes you step-by-step through the most complex, challenging process validation compliance problems, filling in the gaps left in the available guidance. Among questions it addresses and resolves:
- What processes should be validated? The simplified decision tree included in this report removes all questions
- If a company uses sampling plans in lieu of a validated process, what percentage of sampling is adequate? Discover how the FDA has addressed this issue in warning letters
- When the GHTF talks about operation qualification, does it mean the same as when the FDA talks about operational qualification?
The report includes a simple crosswalk that clarifies the FDA’s meaning - you will discover specific solutions to issues and questions that bedevil many devicemakers. The report includes:
- An overview of the existing requirements for process validation from the Quality Systems Regulation and Quality Systems Manual
- How the FDA inspects devicemakers for process validation compliance
- Latest thinking of international and US regulators on process validation approaches contained in GHTF guidelines
- Lessons from warning letters on the FDA’s evolving expectations for process validation
Lacking specific new guidance, FDA’s intentions for process validation must be identified through Warning Letters, official statements and official documents. FDAnews has done the hard work for you. Until CDRH issues its long-awaited guidance, Devicemaker’s Guide to Process Validation will keep you in compliance. Order your copies TODAY.
Devicemaker’s Guide to Process Validation is available in print or PDF format for $377. Act now: place your order here. (Add $10 shipping and handling per book for printed books shipped to the U.S. and Canada, or $35 per book for books shipped elsewhere. Virginia residents, please add 5% sales tax.)
Your purchase is 100% guaranteed. If for any reason you decide the guide is not for you, simply return the undamaged hard copy within 30 days of purchase and you will receive a full refund (less shipping/handling). For the PDF version, you must notify FDAnews within 24 hours of receipt of purchase to receive a refund.
Four Easy Ways to Order
Please mention priority code 13201 when ordering.
- Order online.
- Call toll free 888.838.5578 (inside the U.S.) or 703.538.7600. Use your American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
- Fax your purchase order to 703.538.7676.
- Mail your check to: FDAnews, 300 N. Washington St., Suite 200, Falls Church, VA 22046-3431