IFS officials announce the launch of seven new smartphone apps in the IFS Touch Apps series, in addition to its first app for Windows Phone and Windows 8. The new applications, available from Google Play Store, Apple App Store and Windows Marketplace, offer intuitive mobile functionality in areas such as human resources, customer relationship management, ad-hoc reporting, enterprise application search, vehicle management, and IFS support services.
Following the release of IFS Notify Me, a cloud-based smartphone app for purchase, expense, and invoice approvals, IFS is now extending its offering for the mobile workforce with seven new apps. In addition, IFS is also releasing IFS Notify Me for Windows Phone and Windows 8.
The new IFS Touch Apps are:
- IFS Time Tracker for project time and attendance reporting, confirmation, etc.
- IFS Trip Tracker for real-time, as-you-travel expense reporting for the mobile individual.
- IFS Sales Companion for sales people to manage their accounts, tasks and opportunities.
- IFS Quick Reports for running and viewing ad-hoc reports on a mobile device.
- IFS Quick Facts for fast keyword search of any object in IFS Applications.
- IFS Flight Log for management of platform operational data in the aerospace and defense industry.
- IFS Support Companion for interaction with IFS support centers.
“By focusing on the actual needs of our mobile users, we have developed an app concept that delivers enhanced user experience, ease-of-use, and security to promote high user acceptance and increased efficiency,” says IFS CTO Dan Matthews. “The functionality of the new Touch Apps has largely been determined by our customers to exactly match their needs. In this way, we continue to produce functionally rich, elegant apps that are easy to try, buy, and use.”
IFS bridges the gap between the fast-moving world of smartphones and apps and the slower-moving world of ERP software via a unique use of cloud technology. Rather than having the apps talk directly to the ERP back-end, the apps talk to services running inside IFS Cloud.
The IFS Touch Apps are designed to offer great, hassle-free user experience to the mobile workforce. The apps are focused on quick-to-complete tasks and present the user with only the relevant, rather than all, information. The apps are designed to minimize typing and allow the user to exit the app at any point and continue later.